PRE ENGINEERED SYSTEMS FOR VEHICLE ENGINES
A complete detection & suppression system pre-engineered for vehicle engines:
- Protects passengers and valuable equipment
- Easy/ Flexible installation
- Quick & Effective suppression
- Highly Dependable: no electricity
- Highly economical
Reduces even the most critical vehicle engine fire risks:
- Oil residue and fuel leaks
- Engine overheating
- Short circuits
- Passenger injury
- Vehicle damage & repair
The BrigitDetec difference
Rotarex BrigitDetec systems use a proprietary continuous linear sensor tube that reliably detects and actuates release of the extinguishing agent using pneumatic technology. It is more flexible, space efficient and cost effective versus alternative mechanical or electronic systems.
- Quick & Easy installation directly inside engine compartments:
The flexible sensor tubing is easily installed directly above and around the engine – closer to where a fire could start. When in service, the tubing is pressurized with dry nitrogen to 16 bar. The dynamics of pressurization make the tubing more reactive to heat.
- Early fire detection:
If a fire occurs, the heat of the fire causes the pressurized sensor tube to burst at the hottest spot (approx. 170°C)
- Instant suppression:
The sudden tube depressurization actuates the special pressure differential valve and instantly floods the entire ATM interior compartment with extinguishing agent. The fire is quickly suppressed just moments after it began… minimizing damage and downtime.
- For safety, extinguishing liquid and pressurized gas are in separate chambers
- When activated, the pressurized gas is released into the outer chamber forcing against a piston.
- The piston pushes the liquid out through the discharge tube
- A built-in pressure regulator ensures a constant and sustained discharge