VADS TO BE HAD!
C-TEC’s addressable visual alarm devices and sounders are here!
- Fully compatible with C-TEC’s XFP & ZFP range of XP95/Discovery fire panels
- Independently certified to EN54 parts 23, 3 & 17 (as applicable)
- Designed & manufactured by C-TEC in the UK
Where are visual alarm devices (VADs) required?
In order to comply with the Equality Act, Building Regs and the recommendations of codes of practice such as BS5839-1, BS8300 and CoP0001, VADs are typically installed in:-
- Bedrooms/sleeping accommodation (in hotels, student accommodation, etc).
- Toilets (not just accessible WCs as the hard of hearing are just as likely to use standard WCs)
- Any other area where a deaf or hard of hearing person might be alone (stairwells and corridors are mentioned in CoP0001, isolated offices are referenced in BS8300)
- Areas where ambient noise levels exceed 90dBA or where people wear ear defenders
- Television, radio and recording studios
- Theatres and cinemas
- Operating theatres (to reduce disruption to surgical procedures)
- Areas where a gaseous extinguishing system is installed
- Areas where people are likely to use a personal music system
- Areas where visual alarm devices are used as part of a “staged” fire evacuation strategy