A complete detection & suppression system Pre-engineered for off-road equipment
- Automatically detects and extinguishes mechanical fires
- Installs directly INSIDE the motor compartment, closer to where a fire would start
- Protects passengers and valuable equipment
- Easy / flexible installation
- Quick & effective suppression
- Highly dependable
Fast & effective
COMPACT LINE systems use a proprietary linear sensor tube that reliably detects a young fire and actuates release of the extinguishing agent using pneumatic technology. It is more flexible, space efficient and cost effective versus alternative mechanical or electronic systems.
1. Quick & Easy installation directly inside engine compartments:
The flexible sensor tubing and discharge subsystem are easily installed directly above and around the engine – closer to where a fire could start. The cylinder can be mounted anywhere outside the protection zone. When in service, the sensor tubing is pressurised with dry nitrogen to 16 bar. The dynamics of pressurisation make the tubing more reactive to heat.
2. Early fire detection:
If a fire occurs, the heat of the fire causes the pressurised sensor tube to burst at the hottest spot (approx. 110°C)
3. Instant suppression:
The sudden tube depressurisation actuates the special pressure differential valve and instantly floods the entire engine compartment with FireDETEC TS55 ea extinguishing agent. The fire is quickly suppressed just moments after it began – minimising damage and downtime.